Thomas M. Donahoo, Jr.
Thomas M. Donahoo, Jr. focuses on wills, trusts and estates. He enjoys helping individuals create an estate plan for their family and property that is most appropriate for them, as one size does not fit all. He likes referring to this plan as protecting what people value most: their family and loved ones and their property. Tommy prepares wills and living trust documents and also handles estates and trusts after someone dies, including the filing of estate and income tax returns. A unique piece of his practice is assisting in establishing guardianships and special needs trusts for trial lawyers after settling personal injury claims.
Areas of Concentration
- Estate planning including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts and advance directives
- Trust and estate administration
- Probate and guardianship
- Federal and state taxation including income, estate, trust, gift, fiduciary and generation-skipping transfer taxation; and tax planning for individuals, families, businesses and partnerships
Prior to joining Donahoo & McMenamy in 1994, Tommy began his career in investments with the brokerage firm of Alex Brown & Sons, now UBS.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Jacksonville Legal Aid, Pro Bono Award
- Episcopal School of Jacksonville – Alumni of the Year, 2012
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, J.D.
- Washington & Lee University, B.A.
- Trustee of Episcopal School of Jacksonville
- JT Townsend Trust, Counsel to Trustees
- St. Johns Cathedral, Vestry
- Timuquana Country Club, Board of Governors
Outside of the Office
Tommy enjoys running, golf and attending sporting events of all levels. He especially enjoys spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and their two children. In his free time he enjoys coaching youth sports with his children.